$400,000 ON OFFER FOR PENRITH THROUGH THE 2022 COMMUNITY BUILDING PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today announced applications are now open for the 2022 Community Building Partnership program for community infrastructure projects across NSW.
Stuart Ayres said $400,000 is available for projects in Penrith and I urge not-for-profit groups and local councils to apply for the funds they need to deliver projects with social, environmental and recreational outcomes.
“Local sports clubs, school P&Cs, community groups and museums are just some of the groups that benefit from this program,” Stuart Ayres said.
“If your organisation or club needs extra funding for infrastructure, such as playgrounds, accessible features, equipment or refurbishment, then I’d strongly encourage you to apply.”
“Take the time to prepare and submit your application so your community group doesn’t miss out on a share of $400,000.”
Recipients under last year’s program included:
- Kingswood Public School P & C – covered outdoor learning area and softfall
- Corpus Christi Primary School - classroom refurbishments
- Penrith Public School P & C – shade cover
- WestCare Community Services – vehicle upgrade
- Penrith Women’s Health Centre – Safer families vehicle
- Emu Plains Sporting and Recreation Club – river pump
- Nepean Baptist Church – children’s playground
- Mission Australia Housing – outdoor covering
- Nepean Area Disabilities Organisation – all abilities sensory activity centre
- Anglican Church Diocese – children’s outdoor play area
- Penrith City Council – Illawong Reserve playground upgrade
“This program means that you can support your community group to improve the places you meet, train or play,” Stuart Ayres said.
Applications are open from Monday 16 May and close at 5pm, Friday 10 June 2022. Applicants must read the program guidelines to ensure their club or organisation and proposed project are eligible.
For more information about the NSW Government’s 2022 Community Building Partnership Program, visit: www.nsw.gov.au/cbp