PENRITH SPORTS WIN WITH MULTI MILLION DOLLAR COMMUNITY SPORTS PACKAGE
Stuart Ayres MP, Member for Penrith today announced thousands of local sports players will benefit with massive upgrades to be undertaken at local sports facilities.
Stuart Ayres said improving the quality of sports infrastructure in Penrith is crucial to ensure local sports players and spectators have safe and modern facilities.
“Grassroots sport is so important to the Penrith community and these funds will improve amenities, make facilities more user friendly and accessible and increase participation in sport.”
“Some of these facilities haven’t been touched in decades and other facilities simply don’t meet the demands being put on them. So we will fix that.”
“One the great gaps of local sporting infrastructure will finally be filled with a new synthetic athletics track to be funded.”
Facilities to be upgraded include:
- Parker Street Fields - amenities upgrade and lighting upgrade
- Lapstone Oval - amenities upgrade including improving accessibility
- Penrith Tennis Centre - amenities upgrade including a new indoor training area and improved access for people with a disability
- Eileen Cammack Reserve - upgrade of amenities
- Leonay Oval - amenities upgrade including additional canteen facilities, shade, a multi-purpose rooms and additional lighting
- New synthetic track for Penrith
- Hickeys Lane – field expansion
“We want our local sports clubs to have the best possible facilities to encourage active lifestyles and these upgrades are all about putting Penrith first and making this happen,” added Stuart Ayres.